Delivering on SDGs
An ESG Investor & Clarity AI Webinar
Thursday 3rd November - 3pm GMT, 4pm CET, 11am EST, 10am CST
Institutional investors are increasingly turning to the UN Sustainable Development Goals to focus their efforts to achieve positive impact on people and planet. But we are far from reaching consensus on measuring investors’ contributions to individual SDGs, while collective progress toward achieving the 17 SDGs by 2030 remains painfully slow. Which methodologies, technologies and data will best support investors’ strategies, and what regulatory changes are needed to drive true impact investment, while rooting out impact washing?
Key Talking Points:
- Focus on impact: Why are investors now increasingly focused on achieving impact beyond managing ESG risks and what are the challenges in using the UN SDG framework to define impact priorities?
- Regulatory developments: How are EU regulations driving impact investment and will proposed ISSB standards and related disclosure rules improve transparency on the real world impacts of corporates and investors? What further reforms are needed to distinguish between impact opportunities and impact washing?
- Practically pursuing impact: If impact now sits alongside risk and return, how do investors balance these factors in practice? How are asset owners and managers pursuing profitable opportunities in dynamic sectors while contributing to chosen SDGs; and which asset classes, markets, and strategies offer the best prospects?
- Tools of the trade: Both for impact investing more broadly and for contributing to SDGs, there are multiple frameworks, technologies and data sets to help investors track and monitor progress, but which approaches best quantify impact and accelerate progress?
- Deadline 2030: Progress on the SDGs has been hampered by a range of geopolitical and macroeconomic factors leaving many gaps in progress and shortfalls in funding at this halfway point. What should the priorities of policymakers be ahead of 2030 and what is the role of private finance?
Who Should Attend:
- Senior decision makers at Asset Owners & Asset Managers
- Heads of responsible / sustainable investing
- Heads of institutional distribution
- Portfolio managers
- Investment consultants
- Heads of business development/strategy/COO office
This webinar will take place online on
3 November 2022 | 3pm GMT, 4pm CET, 11am EST, 10am CST
Vice President - EII Global Sustainable Product
Ignacio has been working in the sustainable and impact investing space for 10 years, covering various asset classes, industries, sustainability themes and regions across the world. He is currently a Vice President in the ETF & Index Investment Global Sustainable Product team at BlackRock and sits on the board of Refugee Integration Insights, which he Co-founded in 2020. Ignacio started his career in the UK as a fundraising consultant for impact private markets funds focusing mainly on emerging economies. Later on, he held strategic roles in sustainable and impact investing organisations such as Sarona Asset Management and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Head of Research
Force for Good
Chris heads the research and IP development for Force for Good. He co-authored its inaugural report, ‘Capital as a Force for Good’, in December 2020. He is a founding member of Greater Pacific Capital and is based in the firm’s London office, where he is responsible for investment execution, international value addition and research. Prior to joining GPC, he was an Analyst in the Investment Banking Division of Goldman Sachs, where he advised companies in the technology, healthcare, telecommunications and financial services sectors.
VP of Partnerships and Regulations
Rodolphe Bocquet is VP of Partnerships and Regulations at Clarity AI. He began his career in trading and risk management but has since shifted his focus to energy, climate and sustainability. Most recently, he took the role of Global Head of Sustainable Investment at Qontigo, leading the expansion of indexing and analytics in the ESG space. He was the CEO of Beyond Ratings which was acquired by the LSE in 2019 and has served as a sustainability consultant working with the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank.
Emmy Hawker is a reporter for ESG Investor, covering the topics most pertinent to asset owners, including sustainable finance regulation, industry standards and global initiatives. Recent in-depth features have covered green hydrogen, blended finance and voluntary carbon markets. She is a regular host of events, webinars and podcasts across both ESG Investor & Regulation Asia.
About Clarity AI
Clarity AI is a sustainability technology platform that uses machine learning and big data to deliver environmental and social insights to investors, organizations, and consumers. As of August 2022, Clarity AI’s platform analyzes more than 50,000 companies, 300,000 funds, 198 countries and 188 local governments – 2-3 times more than any other player in the market – and delivers data and analytics for investing, corporate research, benchmarking, consumer ecommerce and reporting. Clarity AI has offices in North America, Europe, and the Middle East, and its investor client network is currently managing more than USD 30 trillion in assets, representing around 25% of the assets under management globally.